Basically a Solar Panel or more than one solar panels will collect solar radiation directly from the sun and through the solar panel will actively convert energy into electricity. The solar cells operate similar to large semi-conductors and make use of large area p-b junction diode. Solar panels and cells exposed to the sunlight, the p-n junction diodes will then convert energy from the sunlight into energy that is useable.
Energy that is generated from photons when they stroke the surface of the solar panels, will allow the elections to be released and knocked out of their orbits. Electric fields in the solar cells then pull the free electrons into a current that is directional, then the metal contracts in the solar cells and it generates electricity. The higher number and better quality solar cells that are in a solar panel the more the solar panel is able to produce total electrical output.
The photovoltaic Effect has a double amount of conversion of sunlight into usable electrical energy. The photovoltaic effect will arise from properties of the p-n junction diode. A solar panel does not have any moving parts.
Factors that can affect output
Weather conditions can affect the output of solar panels. When installing you need to consider
· Weather conditions
· Obstructions caused by shade, such as branches of trees
· The angle or position that the solar panels are installed
· Areas with high regional solar isolation ratings
· Solar panels will function best when they are placed in direct sunlight with no obstructions.
Efficiency can be increased when solar panels are placed on dynamic mounts that are able to follow the suns position in the sky; these are capable of rotating the panels to obtain the maximum direct sun exposure during daytime.
Distribution and installation of solar panels
Solar panel South Africa is widely available throughout the country; they are available from registered distributors and manufacturers. Look for companies that are SABS approved, are ESKOM accredited, and a member of SESSA. By using companies that are approved you ensure that your warrantee is in good standing, the products are of high quality which means less chance of damage or breakdown. All accredited solar panel companies will site and install your solar panels South Africa. Contact several companies for comparison quotations, the quotations should be obligation free, check before you ask a company to give you a quote.
Advantages of solar panels
· It is a renewable energy source. It cannot be exhausted and energy comes from the sun
· It’s a silent process and does not disrupt the neighbourhood
· It’s pollution free
· It can generate electricity even if the installation is far away from the electricity grid – ideal in rural areas where there is no electricity
· Give one the opportunity to become independent of the electricity grid
· It can save on electricity bills over time
· They require no maintenance once installed
· No fuel is required
· It can power every type of electrical appliance in a home as well as lights and geysers
· Greenhouse emissions are eliminated and your carbon footprint is reduced.